Sunday, February 10, 2019

Truth is Better Than Lies

Today at church I was faced with telling the truth about two subjects that I hoped I could keep to myself.

Last week I did not go to the meetings because the speaker is all about prophecy and current world events.   I am not interested in these things.   My focus is that one day Jesus will return and before that all that is meant to be accomplished will be accomplished according to the plan of God.

I did not want anyone except my husband to know about this, but today the lady who sits in front of us remarked that she did not see me last week.  I said that I stayed home and she wanted to know why.  So I had to say that I didn't care to hear speculations and politics.



As well, the most beautiful little baby was born to a lady who used to attend the church, her parents still attend.   This Tuesday coming up there will be a shower after a ladies' bible study.  I used to attend the study but for many reasons it wasn't for me so I stopped going.  This morning the mother of the lady who had the baby asked me if I was going and I said no but I was going to send a gift.  The lady asked me why I wasn't going, so I had to admit that it was because I was uncomfortable around the bible study group.

Why did I admit these things?  Because above all, I dislike lies and deceits.   What does the bible say about lies and those who lie?

Psalm 40:4 "Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, no such as turn aside to lies.

Psalm 63:11 ..the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped."

Proverbs 6:16-19 "These .. things doth the LORD hate: ....... A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood. ......A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

It is certain that the Lord hates lies and those who tell lies.  Therefore even though my answers to the questions this morning might cause a problem for me, what could I do but be honest?  The Lord is my judge.
______________________________
vcg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..