Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Foolishness of a Flight Response

Psalm 22:19 "But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me."

I confess to having a flight response whenever anything gets overwhelming.  This morning, dealing with a dog who is not really a dog but a toddler in a dog costune (a very stubborn Shih Tzu) my flight response kicked in..  I wanted to take the dog to the SPCA, and then things got worse and I felt like a complete loser, and that this blog served no purpose at all.  In this frame of mind I deleted the blog and also deleted all the files I was going to post here.  It doesn't matter about my little stories of life, but I was making notes from sermons by Paul Dowling of Whiteabbey Congregational (Reformed) because his sermons are always a blessing to me.  I had uploaded several posts of these sermons had had one more but in my state of mind this morning, it was one that got deleted.

But thankfully most of the files are located elsewhere, my little stories are in another folder and Rev. Dowling's sermons are online at Sermon Audio and also some on Youtube, so I can re-listen to them and make more notes.  Perhaps the second time around the notes will be even better.

And thankfully, Blogger allows the deleted blogs to be re-established losing nothing.  This is very helpful to someone like me who acts in haste more times than I should.

I began this blog to hopefully share God's grace to me, and biblical articles because we are commanded to preach the gospel to all the world and this is my little effort.

Thank the Lord that I was able to bring it back, and I pray that future posts will reach all those for whom they were intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..