Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Beau Beau Brat Face Part 2

Its been one week since I posted about our Shih Tzu Beau, better known as Beau Beau Brat Face. Here is the original post.

There have been some changes since last posting.  My husband is now walking Beau in the morning, thus saving my frustrations if he doesn't do what he should be doing early in the morning.  So far it is going well but it will be interesting to see if my husband still wants to walk him when it is raining or when winter comes.

I am still standing not far from him when he eats because he is so used to that and still barks when he wants to eat or drink, but I am not concerned about what time he eats or whether he finishes it all. That is a big change for me.  I think that Beau is very good at knowing when I am upset and if I am then he will not eat, everything has to be normal.  



Last week we drove to a Provincial Park about 1 1/2 hour north of us and he is such a good traveler, sleeping most of the way.  That is a good thing, not all dogs are good travelers.

He is ready for bed at 8:00pm, its so obvious when he wants to go to bed but he wants to be put to bed, like a child.  Shih Tzus are definitely not like normal dogs.

I found this photo taken when his coat was rather long, in the snow. Now he is clipped to about 1 1/2 inches every other month.  I like him with a longer coat but its a double coat and a lot of work.


We are thinking of getting him a doggy friend but will have to see how that plays out.  It will be hard to find just the right dog, and we have been so blessed that at even with Beau's sometimes strange behaviours he has not had to have any serious vet visits which are so costly.  We might not be so fortunate with another dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..