Tuesday, July 7, 2015

God's Faithfulness in Little Things

Jonah 1:17 "Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah...

Jonah 2:10 "And the LORD spake unto the fish, and it vomited Jonah upon the dry land."  (KJV)

I love the story of Jonah for showing our Sovereign God in control of everything.  Because of God's control, I am in the habit of praying for needs that some might find a little strange.  Such was my prayer for today.

For the past 15 years I have been taking care of my son and his family's cats when they are on vacation, going to their home every other day, leaving enough food and water to last, always seems to be more food than necessary.  There have been several cats over the years, and they have two right now, a 6 year old and a 6 month old.   The 6 year old has always been a wild child, wanting to be outside since she was a kitten.  I am sure that she has spent more time out than in.  When they are away she stays in the house where she is not very pleased to be in.  She is always ready to be fed and then cries mournfully, begging to be let out but alas, in she stays until my son and his family are home again.

Yesterday my son, daughter-in-law and grandaughter left for a week away, and this is the first time that the 6 year old cat did not come into the house by the time for them to leave.  The kitten was taken to a kennel to avoid conflict between the two of them home alone together should the older cat come in.

This morning I received two text messages saying that the cat was out, that the neighbour was going to try and bring her in, and could I come this evening to feed if the neighbour was able to catch her.  I said that I would and that if she was not in the house I would leave food and water outside for her.  And then I prayed "Lord, please bring Misty home,  In Jesus name I pray, believing that with you all things shall be possible."



I received another text during the day from my daughter-in-law saying she had not heard from her neighbour.

After supper we drove the 1/2 hour to their home and to my delight there was Misty, waiting in the driveway, meowing when she saw us.  She jumped up on the deck and came in when the patio doors were opened.  Thank you Jesus!!  She was as usual eager to eat and then wanted out again, but inside she must stay.  I know that she will settle in and be fine inside.

I am so thankful that our Lord is so faithful and gracious to answer my little prayer.  I went to the neighbour to let her know that Misty was inside and she was very, very happy.  She said she had been there twice in the morning and once in the afternoon, banging cat food tins hoping that the sound would bring her home.  But Misty did not come for her.  I believe that our Lord brought her at exactly the time we arrived..

Truly, with God all things shall be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..