Sunday, July 12, 2015

Great is Thy Faithfulness..

This morning I am a little down.. Troublesome dreams in the night and so I am staying home from church today and instead will be listening to two online sermons, one on David and Goliath and one on Lamentations.  As it happens, some of my favorite verses of encouragement are in Lamentations 3:18-26 and I am leaning on them today.

Lamentations 3:18-26 "And I said, my strength and my hope is perished from the LORD: Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.  This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.  It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.  The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.  The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.  It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD."

The photo below of crepuscular rays was taken early one morning at French Beach Provincial Park..  I think that they are a good "picture" of God's mercies reaching down to the believer every morning.



3 comments:

  1. Praise God his mercies are new every morning! Great is his faithfulness! I'm sorry to hear you're struggling, praying that that time in the Word of God will strengthen you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Love the picture you took! Truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy you like the photo.. I just listened to the sermon on Lamentations, for me sometimes staying home and listening to sermons is much needed.. thank you for your kind words, and for reading this post.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcomed..