Friday, November 8, 2019

Bad News and Sharing the Good News

Last Monday was a very trying day for my husband.  A few years ago a friend whom he thinks highly of was diagnosed with cancer.   Previously the man had undergone surgery and continued on with his busy life. On Monday my husband received a phone call from his friend and learned that his cancer has spread into his lymph nodes and into his back.  He is about to undergo radiation and chemotherapy.  This was very bad news

Years ago my husband and this man worked together and my husband shared the gospel with him then.  But what to do now?  But then the next day something wonderful happened.

We have a new neighbour.  My husband always hopes for opportunities to share the gospel with neighbours but he thought that it might be difficult to share with this neighbour.  The day after hearing about my husband's friend, he was outside talking with the neighbour.  I saw them from the window and wondered what they could be talking about for so long.  As it turned out, my husband said that an opportunity presented itself from something the neighbour said, and so my husband shared the good news of the  gospel with him for about 10 minutes.  He was very happy for this opportunity.

The next day he wrote an email to his friend reminding him of the time he shared the gospel with him when they worked together, and reminded him what had been said before.  Today my husband heard back from him, and the friend thanked him for his email and for his friendship.

You never know what the day will bring.  It just takes a heart that desires to serve the Lord however they are led.

____________________________
vcg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..