Sunday, November 3, 2019

Psalm 108: Be Exalted, O God

Psalm 108, a Psalm of David, is one of praise to God. This is another Psalm from which a beautiful chorus was written.  Here is the Psalm in its entirety:

V1-6.  O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise......  Awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early.  (v 3-5 are the verses on which the chorus is based).  I will praise thee, O LORD, among the people: and I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.  For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth reacheth unto the clouds.  Be exalted O God, above the heavens; and thy glory above all the earth; that thy beloved may be delivered: save with thy right hand....)

With his praise, David trusts that as one of God's beloved, he will be delivered from this present evil world, even by God's right hand, the hand of power.

Below is the beautiful chorus Be Exalted O God as sung by the Maranatha singers:



________________________
vcg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..