Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Psalm 27: The Trusting Heart Has No Fear

Psalm 27 was written by David and V1 is one of the great verses in the bible.  "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" 

I used to be a very fearful person, especially afraid of the dark but this before I became a Christian.  Those who walk with God shall have no fear because the Lord is with them every step of the way.  Through trials and tribulations, through sickness and in health, through troubles which come because you are a Christian and the world, especially unsaved family members, does not accept you, through all these things, the Lord will carry you through.

V12-13 are very personal to me.  "......false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breath out cruelty.  I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living."


Family members can bring much hurt to the Christian.  They certainly have to me.  But even though these times have been very  painful, the Lord has carried me through as I have given my cares over to him and trusted him by saying 'Lord, this is in your hands."

V14 is full of encouragement for the Christian.  "Wait on the LORD:  be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

_________________________________

vcg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..