Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Psalm 25: Trust in the Lord.


Psalm 25: A Psalm of Trust

Since beginning my reading of the Psalms awhile ago, one thing I have noticed is that quite a few old choruses I used to sing are based on the Psalms in the King James version. Such is Psalm 25. Do you remember this one? Psalm 25:1-2 “Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.”

Verses 4-5 are a daily prayer for the Christian’s guidance: “Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.”

David's salvation is personal.  He acknowledges God as the author of his salvation.   He yearns to know truth, and to follow the path God has chosen for him.

In verses 9 and 10 God promises to guide and teach the meek. According to Websters 1828 dictionary, meek means mild of temper; soft; gentle; not easily provoked or irritated; yielding; given to forbearance under injuries. Oh that we could all be meek.

This is a Psalm written by David, and in V21 he prays that integrity and uprightness preserve him, for he waits on God. Likewise Christians should pray for integrity and uprightness in this world.

Below is a video a youtube with the Maranatha Singers singing Unto Thee O Lord.


_______________________________
vcg

Disclaimer: This post is copied from my blog at Wordpress called Daily in the Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..