Saturday, August 29, 2015

Being Thankful for Three Small Things

Today I am thankful for small things that happened yesterday.  None of them are spiritual, but they are all in answer to prayer.

The first one is that it is raining today..  after a very hot and dry July and August with hardly any rainfall and extreme fire conditions, we had a good rain yesterday and today, with more forecast.  Praise the Lord!  

The next one is that one week ago my trusty old computer froze up.  I was upset, didn't want to buy a new one, thought it was the end of my blogs.  But my husband thought it was worth it to take in the tower and see what was going on.  We found out that the hard drive was toast, and my old XP had seen the end of its days.  But yesterday I got my tower back with a new hard drive and Windows 7 installed, its a little different from what I was used to, but it is so much faster, and best of all, was $100 cheaper than we thought it would be to have it repaired.

The last one is that we finally saw one of the elusive Roosevelt Elk that inhabit the town of Youbou at this time of year.  We have driven there many times and have only seen hoof prints down by the waters of Lake Cowichan.  But yesterday we tried again, and I prayed a little prayer for one animal sighting.  Husband drove down a road we had never been on before, in a residential area, and there was a bull elk standing in someone's front yard.  He looked like he had recently shed the velvet, and was carrying some netting on the edge of one of them.  As we watched from the car, he walked up to the front door and proceeded to eat the flowers in a planter box, then he headed down the driveway towards our car on the street and walked right past the car.  It was thrilling to have him so close.  Here are some photos. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..