Monday, June 10, 2019

Search For a Cat: The Final Closed Door

In my last couple of posts I wrote about how a lost cat came to our home and how I was able to find its owner and return the cat.  This lead to a search for a cat for me but now the door has been closed and locked, at least at the SPCA.

In my recent search at the local SPCA, I was shown a beautiful 8 year old female cat who greatly reminded me of my previous cat named Pokey, who died in her sleep 8 years ago.  It was love at first sight when I  saw this cat whose name is "Miss Kitty".   I went to the front desk and waited while an application was filled in, but they ask for your driver's license number and it was then that the door was mostly closed for me to adopt  her.  I was told that since I had surrendered my Sheltie named Belle in 2011, this was considered a "red flag" and it was very unlikely that I would be allowed to adopt Miss Kitty but that he would check with his manager and that I would  be contacted the following Monday.

On the drive home I thought about how sad it would be for me to be turned down.  I thought I had very little chance of adopting her considering what I had been told, so I made a decision, and that was to cancel my application to adopt  rather than be turned down.   

What bothers me about all this is that I was told that if a person adopts a pet from the SPCA and it doesn't turn out, they can bring it back.   Because of this I don't understand why a person who surrenders a pet (with a very good reason) is "red flagged" because of it. 

I can only hope that whoever does adopt Miss Kitty provides her a loving and safe home.

____________________________
vcg






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..