Thursday, November 12, 2015

Improve Your Selfie

Improve your selfie.  That is the sign that was on the back of a bus seen yesterday afternoon.  Below that phrase to improve your selfie was an advertisement for botox, fillers and skin care with the name of a business that could do these things.  But I have to ask, would anyone really go to the extent of having botox or fillers to improve their selfie?   Probably the answer is yes, some people would do these things.  But why not just use Photoshop to wipe away those lines or wrinkles before uploading your photo.   After all, what is the chance that you will ever meet even 1% of the people who will see your selfie, not counting friends, acquaintances, or family members that already know the real you.

As for myself, I am aging and showing it.  There are very few photos of me online, one is from a distance and the other was taken 7 years ago.  No botox or fillers for me, I would be afraid of the side effects.

And besides that, what does the bible say about our appearance?

1 Samuel 16:7 “But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.”   What does the Lord see when he looks upon your heart? 

Proverbs 16:31 “The hoary (gray) head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.”

I would rather see the natural face of a Christian person, which is beautiful from the light which shines from within.

In closing, perhaps the sign on the back of the bus was meant in a joking way.  I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..