Saturday, February 6, 2016

No SuperBowl Here

So tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday, and I am happy to say that we will not be among the millions that will be watching.  I have always been very thankful that my husband has never been a Sports person.

This morning I was watching the news and it gave the percentages of what takes place during the Superbowl.  I was surprised that only 60% is the actual game, 35% is advertising, and 5% is entertainment.  That is a lot of commercials, and even though Superbowl commercials are always looked forward to, it seems strange to me that a lot of people don’t mind having to wait through all those commercials for the game to continue.  It was quite funny to me that the announcer said that the first Superbowl game was “only” a football game.

It’s interesting to me what “entertainment” is these days.  I looked the word “entertain” up in the bible and here is the only reference:

Hebrews 13:2 “Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares”

Now this is the kind of entertainment that would be truly awesome and wonderful.  Can you imagine entertaining an angel?

Well, one thing for sure, the highways and byways will be very quiet while the game is on, and that is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcomed..